Description of 2 Hyde Park Square
2 Hyde Park Square is a residential building just moments from Hyde Park.
The building was redeveloped in 2012.
2 Hyde Park Square, located on the corner of Hyde Park Street and Connaught Street, is a luxurious residential building, offering 24 hour concierge and secure underground parking.
Description from the sales website from 2012:
• Cleaned and repointed façade.
• Balconies designed to provide new streamlined projecting bays.
• New floor to ceiling metal windows allowing for the benefits of solar and thermal performance.
• New glass balustrading to the face of the projecting bays.
• New extensions use a mixture of brick, to blend in with surround structures, render treatments and transparent, translucent and opaque glazing.
• New roof areas are designed to provide extensive 'green roofs'.
• Secure underground car parking for 24 vehicles accessible by ramp.
• Car park benefits from 24 hour CCTV surveillance.
• Car parking bays are pre-wired for charger use (Note: chargers to be installed by resident).
• Storage space for up to 36 bicycles.
• Individually allocated secure residents stores.
• Lift from car park to all residential levels.
Entrance and Communal Areas
• Granite paving, stone façades, feature lighting and formal planting at external entrance.
• Fully glazed entrance to reception lobby accessible via security controlled sliding doors.
• One 13 passenger high speed lift serves all floors.
• Lift provides restricted access to the 8th floor penthouse, finishes commensurate with finishes in the ground floor reception.
• Central staircase serves all floors.
• Secondary staircase as further fire escape between the ground and fourth floors.
• Corridors are lit by perimeter recessed downlighting, with feature downlighting above each apartment door.
• European oak flooring.
• White solid doors throughout with high quality brushed stainless steel ironmongery from 'Ize's Hans Poelzig' range.
• High level security lock to the entrance door of all apartments.
• Miele designer kitchens.
• Black Silestone worktop and white high gloss walls, with base units accommodating the following integrated fittings and equipment:
- fridge, freezer
- hob, extractor hood
- plate warmer drawer
- wine cooler
- washer dryer
- stainless steel bowl from Blanco with waste disposal unit
- brushed stainless steel taps from Grohe.
• European oak flooring.
• Walls are finished in a Silestone tile with glass splash backs.
• Floors fitted with 80/20 woollen carpet.
• Bespoke wardrobes with a lacq uered finish.
• Lighting in master wardrobes.
Bathroom/Shower Room and En-suites
• Electric under floor heating system in bathroom and en-suite.
• Fully tiled floor and wall finished in 400 x 800 Pietra Todi porcelain tiles.
• Built in mirrored wall cabinets.
• Mixer taps, showers and shower attachments from Hansgrohe.
• Bisque heated chrome towel rail and electric shaver socket.
• Shallow depth low voltage downlighters using halogen lamps in all living areas.
• All living area lighting is dimmable and controlled by rotary or slide dimmer and local switch or wall mounted 'scene plate'.
• Low voltage downlights using halogen lamps installed in bathrooms and kitchen areas.
• Feature lighting installed as part of the fixtures and fittings, including kitchen cupboards, built-in wardrobes and mirror in bathrooms.
• 5 Amp unswitched socket outlets provided in the lounge areas.
• All electrical fittings have a brushed stainless steel finish.
• 24hr manned concierge desk.
• Vehicular drop off facility at main entrance.
• Main entrance CCTV security and video/audio door entry phone system.
• Residential lift access via controlled key fob.
• All apartments benefit from video/audio door entry handset with video link through TV.
• Verified intruder detection system by a front door contact and dual technology sensor in the living room and panic button in the master bedroom.
• Communal television and FM aerial distribution system complete with multi switches, amplifiers/boosters and distribution/splitter units.
• Each apartment shall be capable of receiving the following:
- Analogue terrestrial television (until switch-off/changeover to Digital)
- Digital Television
- FM/DAB Audio
- Satellite Television (Sky and Sky +) subject to individual subscription
- Hotbird satellite installation
- Middle Eastern and Russian transmissions (All services available within the lounge and all bedrooms, providing the apartment
with a total 'multiroom' television installation).
• All telecommunications outlets are dual outlet RJ45 mounted on MK 'Edge' flat plate outlets finished brushed stainless steel
• Conduit for speaker wiring in the reception room of all apartments.
Heating and Ventilation
• All living spaces and bedrooms are to be served by 'comfort cooling'.
• Wall mounted remote heating/cooling controls.
• Ceiling mounted filter installed in the kitchen, WC, shower and bathroom areas.