Walbrook Building just after completion in 2011.
Walbrook Building, side elevation.
Walbrook Building. View to the building from Cannon Street.
Walbrook Building next to Bloomberg Place development site.
Walbrook Building in July 2014.
July 13, 2014
Walbrook Building across the road from Cannon Street Station.
July 13, 2014
||Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AF
Description of Walbrook Building
The Walbrook Building is a nine-storey 380,000 sq ft office building with ancillary areas and car parking on the basement levels in the City of London.
The ﬁrst and second ﬂoors can accommodate specialist dealing functions. The ground and lower ground ﬂoors can provide approximately 40,000 sq ft of retail with street frontage along Cannon Street, St. Swithin's Lane and part of Walbrook.
• The Walbrook Building has a BREEAM ‘Excellent' rating.
• CO2 emissions will be 38% less than the Building Regulations Part L 2006 target emission rate.
• CO2 reductions from Renewable Energy & Efﬁciency measures will be 14% - a 4% improvement upon the GLA London Plan target.
Sustainable Measures Adopted:
- External cladding designed to limit direct solar gains by using high performance glazing and external brise soleil.
- Tri-generation plant serving the base building areas and generating spare electricity.
- Photovoltaic panels installed at roof level.
- Intelligent Building Management System, zoned heating/lighting control and submetering.
- High efﬁ ciency air-cooled chillers and heat
- Rainwater harvesting installed to irrigate the
- Water consumption/conservation via sanitary supply sensors, selectors and shutoff valves.
- Low nitrogen oxide emitting boilers.
- Zero ozone depleting materials.
- Use of timber from sustainable certiﬁed sources.
Source: thewallbrookbuilding.co.uk 2011
Buildington Rating & Notes
Development added by: Buildington
Published: 29. October 2011