Open House London 2011 Guide Available Now!
Booking for Open House London 2011 starts today – click here to purchase the guide!
Open House London – the capital’s greatest architectural showcase takes place this year on 17 and 18 September.
Don’t miss this opportunity to see inside some really unique buildings – there are over 700 opening their doors, plus neighbourhood walks, cycle tours, architects’ talks and debates taking place – all for free.
This year’s highlights:
– Architects’ homes and groundbreaking housing developments
– Eco, zero carbon and retrofit buildings
– Tours of major regeneration projects
– Planners, architects and engineers on how they create successful cities
– London’s infrastructure past, present and future
– Landscape projects
– Government buildings
– Landmarks and towers
– Maggie’s and Open House London Night Hike – Friday 16th September, opportunity to see Open House architecture by night and raise money for Maggie’s Cancer Caring Centres
– Competition for a tour by iconic Routemaster with Arriva London Heritage Fleet, starting at BT
– Open House Junior Festival for kids and families
– An app for iphone
– Talk: Walking in the Metropolitan Wild-the River Lea at Margaret Howell on Thursday 15th September
– Competition to win an overnight stay at 5* Town Hall Hotel & Apartments
– Photography competition ‘The changing face of London’ supported by Architects’ Journal, prizes provided by Lomography.
Open House London 2011