You Decide: City Plan 2036
The City of London Corporation is consulting on its draft Local Plan for the next 20 years. The new City Plan 2036 will replace the current one from 2015.
Anyone living or working in the City should express their views on the Square Mile’s future in order to ensure that the final version of the Local Plan reflects the wishes of City residents, workers and businesses.
The consultation ends on 28 February 2019.
Some of the key points from the draft vision for the new City:
- Enabling all the City’s communities to access a wide range of health, education, employment and leisure opportunities.
- Significantly improving the City’s air quality
. Providinga mix of housing, located in or near identified residential clusters.
- Providing two million sq.m. of new office space to maintain the City’s status as the world’s leading financial and professional services centre.
- Being open to new ideas and new ways of working, reflected in office floorspace that is flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of different types of business occupiers.
- Increasing retail, leisure and cultural uses as the City
evolvesinto an evening and 7-day a week destination.
- Permitting night-time entertainment providing it is effectively managed.
- Providing an attractive and safe environment for walking and cycling with more space for pedestrians.
- Minimising the risk of flooding by requiring sustainable drainage in new developments.
- Supporting businesses and residents in moving towards a Zero Waste City.
- Adopting new technologies towards a Zero Carbon City by 2050.
You can submit your comments online, send an email or take part in one of the City Corporation’s drop-in sessions:
18 Feb 2019 – All Hallows by the Tower Church, Byward Street, EC3R 5BJ
26 Feb 2019 – Museum of London, 150 London Wall, EC2Y 5HN
27 Feb 2019 – Kahaila Aldgate, Portsoken Pavilion, 1 Aldgate Square, EC3N 1AF
For further information please visit the dedicated page: Draft City Plan 2036.