Grahame Park is a redevelopment by Barnet Council in Colindale, London NW9.
Developed by Notting Hill Genesis (NHG) in partnership with Barnet Council.
The scheme aims to deliver:
- ca 3,000 homes by 2032
- ca 1,800 new private homes
- ca 900 new affordable homes
- New road, pedestrian and cycle networks
- Relocation of Barnet and Southgate College to the area
- Replacement health centre, library, community centre, children’s activity centre and centre for independent living
- New retail facilities to be provided on the main concourse and near to Colindale tube station
- New and improved open spaces
- Relocation of Barnet Council’s main office building
630 of the estate’s existing properties will be replaced over the next ten years with 1,083 homes across a range of living options including social and affordable rent, shared ownership and private sale.
652 of the new properties (60%) will be of an “affordable” tenure covering social, affordable and London Living rents and shared ownership. The remaining 431 units will be offered for private sale.
A new council-run community hub will be built offering a range of services including a nursery, GP surgery, hall and health facilities, and residents are also set to benefit from enhanced green spaces and play provision, including a woodland walk and pocket parks – small parks that are accessible to the public.
Grahame Park is Barnet’s largest housing estate, originally comprising 1,777 homes when the first residents moved in in 1971. Regeneration of the Colindale site started in 2007 following the signing of a Principal Development Agreement by the Council and Genesis, with construction led by Countryside Properties PLC.
1. Barnet Council barnet.gov.uk/citizen-home/regeneration/grahame-park.html
2. Genesis genesisha.org.uk
Site & Location
The development area is bounded to the west by Lanacre Avenue, to the south by Grahame Park Way, to the east by Great Strand and Corner Mead and to the north by Field Mead.
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.