Hammersmith Town Hall
Hammersmith Town Hall redevelopment in Hammersmith, London W6.
The Grade II listed town hall will be transformed into a civic campus for residents and new homes.
New Homes: 204 new homes of which 52% are affordable housing.
108 new homes launching with Fabrica in Winter 2022/2023.
The scheme includes:
- a new four-screen cinema, with room for cafes, shops and restaurants built on the existing cinema and car park site
- 204 new homes of which 52 per cent will be classified as genuinely affordable for local residents
- a new public rooftop bar and restaurant new community art and event spaces
- new affordable, flexible office spaces for start-up businesses
- new public space for performances and events in front of the restored Town Hall
- new homework spaces for children and students inclusively designed buildings to ensure full access for Disabled people
eco-friendly buildings to minimise our carbon footprint and cut fuel bills.
The following buildings are demolished:
- Town Hall Extension;
- 181-187 King Street;
- The remainder of the old Cinema at 207 King Street;
- Former post room and registry office in Nigel Playfair Avenue;
- Friends’ Meeting House at 20 Nigel Playfair Avenue.
June 2020 - construction works begin.
Winter 2019 - demolition work begins.
Spring 2019 - council moves out of the town hall and extension.
2019 Feb - Council approves plans.
2018 April - Exhibition 20th-21st April 2018. Planning Application submission late April.
Site & Location
News from the companies
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.