Fairfield Homes is a residential development of 421 new homes from Brick to Brick in Croydon, London CR9.
The new homes are a mix or studios to 2, 3 and 4-bedroom family-sized apartments built in 5 blocks ranging from 7 to 29 storeys in height. 69 at Shared Ownership homes.
The scheme will also include:
- A 1,000 sqm space for an NHS health centre
- More than 40 specially-designed flats for people who use wheelchairs
- Step-free access to improve pedestrian links between Fairfield Halls, neighbouring developments and towards East Croydon station
- 750m2 landscaped open space, including a children’s play area
- Sustainable energy measures such as solar panels and air-source heat pumps
- More than 780 cycle spaces
- 13 disabled parking spaces and 12 car club parking bays
Designed by MICA Architects and Common Ground Architecture.
- 4 of the 5 buildings were designed by MICA Architects, comprising 343 homes.
- Brick by Brick's own practice Common Ground Architecture (CGA) has designed one block of 78 homes.
- The blocks range in height from 7 to 29 storeys.
- Photovoltaic panels;
- Rainwater harvesting and greywater recycling;
- Surface water runoff reduced through green roofs and soft landscaping.
Work will start on site end 2020, and the first homes will complete early 2024.
2020 April - Planning permission for the erection of five buildings ranging in height from 7 to 29 storeys to provide 421 residential flats (Use Class C3), flexible commercial space at ground floor of Building A (Use Class A1/A2/A3) and Buildings C and E (A1/A2/A3 and/or B1/D1 or D2) together with associated cycle parking, public realm and landscaping, basement car parking, refuse storage, servicing and access arrangements. Ref. no. 19/04516/FUL.
Site & Location
News from the companies
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.