Description of Clerkenwell Estate
Clerkenwell Estate was built by Peabody Trust in 1884.
The original estate comprised 11 blocks, 8 of which were arranged around a central courtyard. There was a laundry room on the top floor of each block but no communal bath house.
In December 1940 a bomb fell on Blocks G and H. Block G was then demolished in 1964 due to subsidence and was replaced by a terrace of 5 houses.