Description of Kingsway Place
Kingsway Place is a mixed-use building in Clerkenwell, London EC1.
The former Hugh Myddelton School by T. J. Bailey was opened in December 1893. The Victorian school ran until 1971 before continuing life as an art & design college until the late 1990s.
In 1999 Hurford Salvi Carr acquired the building for Persimmon Homes and went on to sell the 42 apartments in 2001.
Persimmon Homes hired interior architects Johnson Naylor, Arc and de Metz Green to design the former classrooms into double height, loft style apartments.
The building has large grounds and communal gardens.
Residents benefit from a daytime porter and allocated parking.