Description of Northwick Park
Northwick Park is a residential-led regeneration of the underused, brownfield sites in Northwick Park, London HA1.
The proposals include:
- A complete redevelopment of the land between the hospital and the park.
- 1,600 new homes including much needed affordable homes.
- Plans for new University buildings including accommodation for up to 800 students.
- New roads and junctions improving traffic flow and access to the site.
- Better pedestrian and cycle connections throughout the development.
- New public open spaces, community facilities and green space.
The four landowners are:
1. Network Homes
2. London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
3. University of Westminster
4. London Borough of Brent
2030 - Estimated completion.
2021 March - Masterplan approved by Brent Council Planning Committee on 29.03.2021. ref. no. 20/0700. Outline planning permission for demolition of existing buildings on site and provision of up to 1,600 homes and up to 51,749 sqm (GIA) of new land use floorspace within a series of buildings, with the maximum quantum as follows:
- (Use Class C3) Residential: up to 1,600 homes;
- up to 50,150m2 floor space (GIA) of new student facilities including Student
Accommodation, Teaching facilities, Sports facilities, and ancillary retail and
commercial (Use Class A1, A2, A3)
- up to 412sqm floorspace (GIA) of a replacement nursery (Use Class D1)
- up to 1187sqm (GIA) of flexible new retail space (Use Class A1, A2, A3)
Together with an energy centre, hard and soft landscaping, open space and associated highways improvements and infrastructure works.
2020 - Planning permission granted for plans ref. no. 20/0701. New housing and commercial space on the hospital staff car park and boiler house between the hospital and the playing fields. This was approved by Brent Planning Committee on 9 Dec 2020.
2020 - Planning application submission.
2019 October - Second public exhibition
2019 June - Public consultation