One Blackfriars is a mixed-use development on the South Bank of the Thames, London SE1. Completed in 2019.
At the development's centre stands a 50-storey tower, a new icon for the capital's skyline, creating a vibrant new place on London's South Bank.
One Blackfriars tower contains 274 new homes, a boutique-style 161-bedroom hotel, retail outlets and a viewing lounge on the 32nd floor for the local community.
At the heart of the development there is a new 641m2 public piazza with gentle landscaping, water features and locally commissioned artwork.
- Double skin façade improves the thermal performance of the homes by limiting heat losses, louvres within the outer façade will help naturally cool the apartments.
- Solar panels on the roof of the hotel building.
- Vertical solar shading fins reduce heat gains in the hotel and minimise the risk of overheating.
- The opaque elements of the façade are insulated to minimise heat losses. The glazing includes a special coating to limit heat losses through the windows.
- Efficient heating, cooling and ventilation systems fitted throughout, with air source heat pumps in the residential spec.
- Planted roof systems have been developed for the hotel
and retail buildings to help nurture ecology in an urban
environment. These increase the amount of CO2 absorbing
plantlife on the development.
- Rainwater reduction tanks are installed to reduce the risk of flash flooding.
- The residential apartments are fitted with mechanical ventilation with heat recovery which continuously extracts air from the kitchen & wet zones, and supplies fresh air to living rooms and bedrooms. The hotel is mechanically ventilated from central air handling units.
- A combined heat and power plant delivers 100% of the hot water demand for the development, including the swimming pool.
- The use of motion and daylight sensing controls for lighting
minimise energy usage.
- Both the residential and commercial portions are supplied with energy-efficient LED lighting.
- All white goods provided for the residential apartments
benefit from a minimum efficiency rating of A.
- Smart meters are provided for recording energy consumption data, allowing occupants to target high
consumption figures and reduce them where possible.
- Considerate Constructors Most Considerate Site Award 2019
- Considerate Constructors Gold Award 2016-2019
Site & Location
The 0.67 hectare site is directly south of Blackfriars Bridge and comprises three buildings. Across the road from Bankside Yards development.
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.