Description of Ruby Triangle
Old Kent Road development by Avanton on the 1,4ha Ruby Triangle site in Lewisham, London SE15.
The development will create 1,152 new homes over five new buildings, a new community sports hall and fitness centre, new connections and open space including a public park, flexible commercial space including incubator workspace and studios for local entrepreneurs, and private residents’ amenities.
- 1,152 residential units, including over 40% affordable housing of which 70% are social rent and
- 10, 837 m2 of commercial space;
- 4,301 m2 of new open space, including a 3,471 m² public park;
- 1,773 m2 of new community sports hall and fitness centre.
- 3,471 m² of residents’ rooftop gardens;
- Residents private gym and yoga studio in addition to the sports hall;
- Residents’ lounge;
- Games room;
- Screening room.
The new development will redevelop the site known as Ruby Triangle and is the first development to commit to delivering over 40% affordable housing in the Old Kent Road Opportunity Area, which has potential to create over 20,000 new homes.
Two buildings on Old Kent Road will also be retained as part of the scheme, which will dramatically improve the streetscape of Old Kent Road, with active frontage accessible for local businesses.
The Old Kent Road scheme will be a development built with the community at its centre, creating much public realm to include a park as the green heart of the scheme. Avanton’s Old Kent Road development will prioritise pedestrians, with only car parking for disabled bays provided, thanks to an innovative car club and integrated Enterprise Rent-A-Car scheme. The development will also include cycle storage and a social hub for repair and maintenance.