Description of One Howick Place
The new Rolfe Judd designed project, located at One Howick Place in Victoria, London, was granted planning consent in January 2009. With demolition of the existing structure already well underway, the expected date for completion of the new development will be Autumn 2012.
Once complete, One Howick Place, which is on the former site of the House of Fraser head office, will comprise:
- 139,000 sq ft of net internal Grade A office space over eight floors of between 15,000 sq ft to 20,000 sq ft;
- 23 private residential apartments offering a range of one, two and three bedroom options on the upper levels with high quality specifications and generous living space; and
- 10 affordable housing units of one to three bedrooms; and
- 1,000 sq ft retail unit.
The scheme includes a number of energy saving environmental features including Combined Cooling and Heating Plant and photovoltaic cells on the roof, designed to maximise energy efficiency and minimise the scheme's CO2 emissions. These measures will help it to achieve a targeted BREEAM rating of ‘Excellent'.
- Entrance - 3,400 sq ft reception area with double height entrance, with finishes designed by Joanna White
- Floor to ceiling heights - Ground floor 3,050 mm all other floors 2,800 mm
- Air conditioning - Heating and cooling is provided by conventional 4 pipe fan coil units utilising a combined cooling, heat and power (CCHP) system, based on an occupancy level of 1 person per 10 sq m
- Raised floors - 150 mm raised floors (clear void of 120 mm)
- Lifts - 4 x 17-person passenger lifts including 1 x 17-person passenger/fire fighting lift
- Separate 1 x 2,000 kg goods lift
- Showers - 13 showers with changing and drying room facilities, including 1 disabled shower room
- Cycles - storage for 132 cycles plus 84 lockers
- WCs - sanitary accommodation based on 1 person per 10 sq m at a ratio of 60% male/60% female, including 1 disabled WC per floor
- Planning grid - 1,500 mm
- Lighting installation - general offices 350-400 lux
- BREEAM - Excellent
- EPC - Rating B
- Small power - 25 w/sq m with an additional 10 w/sq m for tenants' lighting
Source: doughtyhanson.com, onehowickplace.co.uk