Description of Ashcombe House
Ashcombe House is a residential house on Eaton Square in Belgravia, London SW1.
The original construction was built by Thomas Cubitt in 1825.
No.23a Eaton Square fronts west onto Ecclestone Street. It is attached on its north side to No.23 Eaton Square and has a return to the south onto Eaton Mews South. The rear of the property includes an enclosed former private yard between the road fronting elements and the curtilage boundary wall,
now in-filled as a modern single storey conservatory. A further yard on the north forms part of the curtilage of No.23 Eaton Square and separates the property from it.
The Ecclestone Street range frontage is of two storeys over a lower ground floor, set behind an enclosed area with railings to the pavement. It was built in 1897 as an extension to 23 Eaton Square to provide a dining room at ground floor with drawing room/gallery room above.
The property is finished in its entirety with a painted stucco.
1. Heritage Statement by HeritageCollective in 2013 westminster.gov.uk Planning Application ref no 13/04320/FULL.