Description of 37 Chesham Place
The property consists of two flats totalling some 5,204 sq.ft.
Flat 7, a spacious lateral apartment, has been restored with flair and imagination, complementing its many distinctive period features whilst offering a plethora of modern amenities. Occupying the entire first floor and including a two storey extension over No. 2 Lowndes Place, it offers stately reception rooms with high ceilings ideal for entertaining on the grand scale. There is also a spacious staff/guest flat comprising kitchen, sitting room, master bedroom, bathroom, bedroom 2, shower room which has been modernised.
Situated in the belgravia conservation area, chesham place has been home to prime ministers, ambassadors, statesman and aristocrats for the last century and a half. forming part of the chesham place estate, number 37 was originally home to Lord John Russell twice british prime minister in 1841-57 and 1859-70.
Externally this grade II listed buildings, originally built by Thomas Cubitt in the late 1840s, is of great architectural distinction and now rate amongst the most sought after residential units in central london.