Description of The Peak
The Peak is an office building in Victoria, London SW1.
The building comprises three distinct parts:
At ground and first floor levels the north facade is recessed to form a double height colonnade, allowing access to the ground floor retail units from the widened pedestrian footpath.
The office floors from 2nd to 6th level provide clear floor plates of circa 10,700 sq ft (994 sq m).
Above the 7th floor a curved roof profile rises a further three storeys. The steel roof structure envelops two further office floors and roof top plant, all contained within an asymmetrical barrel vault. The curved roof sets forward from the Apollo Theatre and reaches towards the north. At levels seven and eight, the floor plates step back forming terraces beneath the cantilevering roof to create depth and interest at high level at the culmination of Wilton and Vauxhall Bridge Roads.
The retail units at The Peak are split between Ground and Lower Ground floors. The facades address both Wilton and Vauxhall Bridge Roads and terminate at the apex of the building beneath a two-storey colonnade. Access is from both Wilton Road and Vauxhall Bridge Road.The unit is completed in a shell condition with capped off services and there is provision for sub-division.
The building has been designed to provide flexible office floor plates by locating a single core to the south against the theatre demise line. A planning module of 1.5m has been adopted and all structure, cladding, services, floors and ceilings have been designed along the 1.5m grid.
Offices from 1,858 to 6,342m2 (20,000 to 68,263 sq ft)
Businesses in the building:
- Reed Executive, the recruitment company, has taken the first floor of the development and is expected to move into the 8,817 sq ft. (2012)
- The Gatsby Foundation, set up by David Sainsbury to realise his charitable objectives, has taken 10,816 sq ft on the third floor and will occupies the space from the spring 2012.
- Global Infrastructure Partners
- HSBC ground floor retail unit
- Halifax ground floor retail unit