Description of 63 St James's Street
63 St James's Street is a neo-classical style building in St James's, London SW1.
The building has a Portland stone façade with Baroque
Designed by architects Davis and Emmanuel to house the Meistersingers Club in 1888. In 1894, the Royal Societies Club moved in and remained there until 1941. In 1945 the building was taken over for use as offices by John Walker and Sons, distillers.
Formerly the site of Fenton's Hotel.
The nearest tube station is Green Park.
1. 63 St James's Street Heritage Statement by Washbournefield Planning November 2012, Planning application ref no 12/10296/FULL westminster.gov.uk/planning