The Wellington Hotel
The Wellington was not originally used as a hotel, but was built as a hostel for King's College Theology department. It dates to 1913 and is substantial in scale, with elevations onto both Vincent Square and Rochester Row. The left wing of the building, when viewed from Vincent Square was added in 1928-9. It is constructed in red brick, with substantial stone base and has a somewhat eclectic architectural treatment, with Tudor Gothic inﬂ uences, notably in the tall chimney stacks and the eye-catching stone mullioned and transomed window on the splayed northern corner elevation. On the Vincent Square elevation, some of the detailing exhibits greater Classical inﬂuence, notably in the stone-dressed surrounds to both the doors on this elevation.
Site & Location
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.