Norman Shaw Buildings
Norman Shaw Buildings are two buildings on the banks of the River Thames in London SW1.
The buildings, North and South, are a part of the Parliamentary Estate.
They house Members’ offices and services including the
House of Commons Information Office and Parliamentary Education Services.
The buildings are named after the architect, Richard Norman Shaw.
The foundation stone for the North building was laid by Prince Alfred on 16 December 1875, and the superstructure largely completed by September 1876. The building was occupied in November 1890.
Norman Shaw South was constructed in 1902-1906. Originally known as Scotland House.
The gates which separate the roadway between the two buildings from Derby Gate, and the Embankment, were designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield.
1. House of Commons Information Office, The Norman Shaw
Buildings, Factsheet G13 General Series, Revised March 2015 parliament.uk
Site & Location
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.