Description of The Knightsbridge
The site of The Knightsbridge covers 1.7 acres making it extraordinarily large for such a world class location. The development accommodates 191 unusually spacious apartments, 7 extra special penthouse apartments known as The Crown Jewels and 7 mews houses set among the landscaped gardens.
The uncompromising modern design of The Knightsbridge comprises two distinct blocks. The lower western block, stepping down towards Rutland Gate is partly clad in brick to produce a solid look and the main block has a limestone clad frame and full height glazing panels with the overall aesthetic being of lightness and transparency. The two-storey penthouse pavilions are extremely lightweight and designed to take maximum advantage of the magnificent views.
The lobby at The Knightsbridge is one of the most dramatic entrances in London. The double-height space offers a light and comfortable reception in which to relax; while marbled floors, original works of art and David Linley furniture create a luxurious atmosphere beyond compare.
The lobby will also be home to the concierge who is available at any time of day to help with whatever requests or assistance our residents might need.
A total of over 340 car parking spaces are situated on two underground levels with lift access to all floors.
The architects of The Knightsbridge have made every effort to ensure the new building takes maximum advantage of its location in central London. Floor-to-ceiling windows afford a majority of the apartments incredible views of the surrounding area.
Apartments facing north look onto the vast expanse of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens; views to the south look over The Knightsbridge garden in the direction of Chelsea and then the River Thames; looking east from the development, you see across the very centre of London, towards the City and Docklands; while facing west affords views over the museums and rooftops of Kensington.
- Entrance halls all feature polished limestone complimented with matching limestone skirting.
- Hardwood flooring to all reception rooms.
- High quality carpeting in all bedrooms.
- Solid hardwood feature doors with a polished or painted finish.
- Hardwood faced solid core full-height doors.
- Polished limestone floors with fully fitted top brand cabinet systems and appliances.
- Choice of selected hardwood veneered cabinets or aluminium finishes.
- Polished black granite work surfaces.
- Superior marble surrounds.
- Vanity mirror with wall lights.
- Chromium finished taps.
- Under floor heating and heated towel rails.