Description of South Molton Triangle
The South Molton Triangle is a mixed-use development in Mayfair, London W1.
The scheme will create new offices, 33 new homes and a 31-bed hotel framed by wide pedestrian-friendly routes and public spaces, new shops, restaurants and cafes.
Covering 4 acres within the Mayfair Conservation Area, the site is bounded by Davies Street, Brook Street and South Molton Street.
1. South Building - on the site of Brookfield House;
2. North Building - on the site of The Running Horse Pub, 52-54 Davies Street, 56 Davies Street;
3. 40-46 Brook Street buildings - (Grade II listed) - retaining the four townhouses and rear stable block, restoring the most sensitive rooms and converting it into a 31-room hotel;
4. 10, 15-25, 27 & 42 South Molton Street - restored shopfronts and facades, sensitive interior adaptations.
- 22 private homes in the upper floors of 10, 15-22 and 42 South Molton Street, replacing the offices there.
- 11 affordable homes in the upper floors of 23-27 South Molton Street (excluding number 26 which is not owned by Grosvenor).
The masterplan includes:
- Managing the flow of people coming out of Bond Street West station;
- Connecting the neighbourhood – creating new safe routes for pedestrians and cyclists;
- Making more efficient use of existing buildings;
- Activating the ground floor and the public realm
- Retain Grays Antiques and the Running Horse pub;
- Turning forgotten streets into places where businesses want to locate and people want to visit;
- Creating new opportunities for business and new facilities and amenities for residents;
- Fully integrating the South Molton Triangle into Oxford Street, South Molton Street and Bond Street;
- Defining the future character of Mayfair through high-quality design and management.
The development Site Bound By Brook Street, Davies Street And South Molton Lane (excluding 58 Davies Street) And 10, 15-25, 27 And 42 South Molton Street.
2020 December - Westminster Council approves plans for part demolition, excavation (including beneath Davies Mews), erection of new buildings and alterations to existing buildings comprising: redevelopment of 60 Brook Street; redevelopment of 48, 50, 56 and 58 Brook Street and 16 Davies Mews behind retained Brook Street facades at; redevelopment behind retained and partially reconstructed facade at 52-54 Brook Street; refurbishment with alterations and addition of turret and gables at 40-46 Brook Street and 40 South Molton Lane; redevelopment behind retained Davies Mews and South Molton Lane elevations and front roof at 1-7 Davies Mews and 28-30 South Molton Lane; refurbishment and alterations at 50 Davies Street; refurbishment with alterations and partial demolition and redevelopment of upper floors at 52-54 Davies Street; redevelopment behind reconstructed and extended facade at 56 Davies Street and Brookfield House (44-48 Davies Street and 62 and 64 Brook Street); part demolition of ground floor and refurbishment at 10 South Molton Street; refurbishment and alterations at 15-25, 27 and 42 South Molton Street; all to provide a development of up to 9 storeys including Class B1 (Business), Class A1 (Shops), Class A3 (Restaurant and Cafes), Class A4 (Drinking Establishment), composite use comprising public house and guest accommodation (sui generis), Class C3 (Dwellinghouses), Class D1 (Non-Residential Institutions) and Class C1 (Hotel) uses, improvements to public realm and pedestrian routes, servicing, ancillary plant and storage, cycle parking and other associated works. Westminster Council ref. no. 20/03987/FULL.