Description of Dominion Theatre
The construction of the Dominion Theatre commenced in March 1928. It was built on two sites; the entrance hall and café being built on the site of the former Court Cinema (which existed from October 1911 - March 1928), with the auditorium and stage on a site previously occupied by Meux's brewery. It was designed by the architects William & T. R. Milburn and the building cost £459, 727.
The Dominion opened on 3rd October 1929 with an American musical comedy on golf by De Sylvia Brown and Henderson called Follow Through (Follow Thru on Broadway).