Description of 29-31 Oldbury Place
29-31 Oldbury Place is a residential development of three mews houses in Marylebone, London W1.
The site was home to Bramah Locks Company for over a century. It was founded by inventor and locksmith Joseph Bramah in 1784. The Bramah Precision lock, manufactured at Oldbury Place, represented the pinnacle of Britain’s lock supremacy and the company famously challenged anyone who could break it with a reward of 200 guineas. 
The original building has been extended to incorporate 3 townhouses arranged over 5 storeys.
Each house comprises four bedrooms, a private courtyard, customised leisure facilities and allocated parking for two cars.
Detail by Stiff+Trevillion, such as the blackened steel stairs with inlaid oak treads is combined with rustic wood and concrete effect flooring, crittall windows, and bronze ironmongery and joinery trims. Transforming the space into family homes, utility services, a shower room and leisure facilities have been provided out of sight on the lower ground levels, whilst ample storage is provided with bespoke cabinetry throughout the living space and floor to ceiling timber wardrobes in the bedrooms. Library frameless glass balustrades leading to the living area and double height Dru balanced flu gas fires add a touch of luxury, whilst a lightwell with living green walls running through the entire house brings nature into the living spaces and master bedrooms.
1. Boultbee LDN launches mews houses at former Bramah workshop boultbeeldn.co.uk 30.03.2017
2. Archeology report by August Construction & Development Ltd. 2013 westminster.gov.uk