Description of The Connaught
The Connaught hotel building in Mayfair, London W1.
The Connaught was built in 1897 and was initially named The Coburg Hotel, after Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg - Queen Victoria's late husband.
In 1917 the hotel was renamed the Connaught after Queen Victoria's third son, Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught.
Restaurants and bars:
- Hélène Darroze at the Connaught - Michelin-starred cuisine in one of the top restaurants in London.
- Connaught Bar - the sleek designer bar designed by David Collins.
- Coburg Bar - A destination for genuine bar aficionados