Lansdowne House is a Grade II listed building situated on the eastern side of Lansdowne Road in Notting Hill, London W11.
Lansdowne House was designed by Scottish architect William Flockhart.
The 8-storey tower of apartments and studios was built for South African mining-magnate and admirer Sir Edmund Davis in 1904 to accommodate artists Charles Shannon and Charles Ricketts, who both lived and worked here until 1923.
The blue plaque on Lansdowne House states:
In these studios lived and worked the artists
Charles Ricketts 1866-1931
Charles Shannon 1863-1937
Glyn Philpot 1884-1937
Vivian Forbes 1891-1937
James Pryde 1866-1941
F. Gayley Robinson 1862-1927
Since 1923, the building has undergone a number of alterations and now consists of 13 self-contained apartments with a small recording studio remaining in part of the basement area to the south.
The building is about a 100m from Holland Park tube station (Central Line).
Source: ukplanning.com, by Andrew Wittrick in 2007
Site & Location
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.