EdCity is an innovative education hub, which is created by redeveloping Ark Swift Primary Academy, Harmony Neighbourhood Nursery, the Adult Community Learning Centre and surrounding land in White City.
- A brand new, state-of-the-art two-form entry Ark Swift Primary Academy, alongside improved play facilities
- Expanded facilities for the Ofsted-outstanding Harmony Neighbourhood Nursery, increasing its capacity from 45 places to 75, and building new play space
- Activities for local young people aged 8-19, or up to 25 with additional needs, in a new OnSide Youth Zone, open seven days a week. Alongside the vast array of engaging activities (including climbing, dance, drama and art, as well as a wide range of sports and music), the Youth Zone team will work in partnership with local organisations to support young people to broaden their horizons through employability and mentoring workshops
- A council-operated, expanded Adult Community Learning Centre
- 132 new homes, 50 per cent of which would be affordable homes to help meet local need, with the other half available for private rent
- Around 12,000 sq m of new office space for Ark and other tenants
- A new pedestrian route connecting the White City Estate and Dorando Close
- A new public square with high-quality landscaping and public realm
2018 March - Hammersmith & Fulham Council’s Planning and Development Control Committee unanimously resolved to grant planning permission for EdCity. Construction began in summer 2018.
2017 December - Planning application submitted to London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham. Ref. no 2017/04800/FUL.
Site & Location
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.