Description of 4-18 Bishop's Bridge Road
4-18 Bishop's Bridge Road is an office building in Paddington, London W2.
After the construction of the GWR's main line, a restricted triangular site was left over between the tracks to the north, the Bishop's Road to the south and Westbourne Terrace to the southeast. The company's long carriage sheds rose on the north side of this and the rest of the site was ﬁlled with tall terraced houses, and Bishop's Mews behind. The GWR bought up the leases and replaced most of the houses with two large concrete-framed buildings as part of its 1930s expansion. The parcels depot, designed by P A Culverhouse and built between 1932 and 1933 occupies the eastern part of this site and looks south onto the Bishop's Road.
It is of ﬁve storeys plus a mansard attic with a simple classical façade of brick and patent stone.