Description of John Aird Court
John Aird Court is a 1950’s estate to the west of Paddington Green and very near to the Little Venice canal basin.
The estate comprises two blocks in an angular stepped C-shaped design. In the centre of the estate is a disused boiler house, identified for redevelopment.
On 17th March 2011, Community Build received planning consent for a scheme of nine new homes at John Aird Court, which was a mix of social rent and shared ownership.
• Nine new homes for rent and shared ownership to modern, sustainable building standards
• Priority will be given to existing JAC residents on waiting list
• Purchase options for lessees and tenants
• Removal of derelict boiler house and anti-social area
• Adapted flats for local disabled residents
• A new cycle rack for 18 cycles available to all residents and potential for additional storage space
• New lobbies with additional security and improved refuse storage to adjacent blocks
• The new building constructed in yellow brick to blend in
• Secure route to play area for residents only
• Estate-wide improvements and additional parking in consultation with residents
• Design minimises overlooking and loss of day light
Planning Consent - March 2011
Appoint Contractor - March 2011
Start on Site - March 2011
Practical Completion - May 2012
Source: cwh.org.uk May 2011