Description of Lindo Wing
The Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital building in Paddington, London W2.
Entrance to the building is on South Wharf Road, opposite to the main entrance to Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Wing (QEQM) of St Mary's Hospital.
The Lindo Wing is a private patients unit at St Mary's Hospital. The unit has overseen private births since 1937.
The architect of the neo-Georgian style red brick-clad steel frame building was Sir Edward Cooper.
Paddington Station is just 3 minutes walk from here.
22. November 1937 First patients admitted
21. June 1982 His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales was born here
22. September 1984 His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales (Prince Harry) was born there
22. July 2013 His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge was born here to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
2. May 2015 Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of Cambridge was born at the site on 2 May 2015.