Holland Park Gate
Holland Park Gate is a mixed-use development by Lodha opposite the Holland Park gates on Kensington High Street in London W8.
The redevelopment includes the Kensington Odeon cinema building, Post Office sorting house, and Whitlock House.
The New Building
- New 887-seat cinema (including 12 wheelchair accessible seats) with six screens accessed from Kensington High Street; The lobby will include a café, snack counter and bar with lifts and stairs taking customers down to the auditorium at basement level;
- Restored historic façade;
- 106 residential units, including 35 on-site affordable units for elderly people;
- Modern offices and retail space.
The development includes 71 private and 35 affordable homes:
- 1 bedroom 16 private, 29 affordable;
- 2 bedroom 22 private, 6 affordable;
- 3 bedroom 23 private;
- 4 bedroom 10 private.
The affordable units will be accessible from Earls Court Road.
- Bespoke 5* star hotel level service from Saint Amand - Lodha's exclusive hospitality group
- Exclusive spa, 25-metre pool and leisure facilities;
- Secure underground residential parking spaces for private apartments;
- Cycle storage.
Office & Retail
- 733m2 of office floorspace;
- 590m2 of flexible retail and leisure space (Use Classes A1, A2, A3, A4, D1 and D2).
Before the demolition works started in 2017, the site comprised a cinema constructed in 1926, a post office sorting office and an office building.
2021 - The development is rebranded Holland Park Gate. Formerly known as The Kensington project.
2019 - Demolition work led by John F Hunt restarted on the site in January 2019.
2018 - Lodha Group acquires the development from Delancey.
2017 February - main structural demolition works by John F Hunt to the former Odeon cinema building. Programmed to take approximately 12 weeks.
Site & Location
The site is located on the south side of Kensington High Street, with frontage onto Pembroke Place to the south, and the western side of Earl's Court Road.
News from the companies
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.