Lea Bridge Road Station Sites
Waltham Forest in a joint venture with London Square Partners and One Housing will create a new destination with a £125m development of homes in addition to cultural and community facilities around Lea Bridge station in East London E10.
The development will include 345 new homes across four buildings designed by Hawkins/Brown.
The development includes:
- The new entrance to Lea Bridge Station with a new station plaza
- 345 new homes, with an ambition for 50% affordable homes
- A net increase in trees and biodiversity
- 45 jobs, 17 apprenticeships, 138 training opportunities and 15 paid work placements
- 750 square metres of high quality publicly accessible green space
- Community and Cultural Hub
- Commercial space
- Children’s play space (indoor and outdoor)
- £350,000 spent in the local supply chain
- 'Community Chest Fund' developed with the community
- The scheme will be subject to the statutory planning process. This will include a referral to the Mayor of London and approval by the Greater London Authority, who will agree the final scheme
A new entrance to Lea Bridge station will also be created, plus 3,000m2 of space for a cultural hub for the local community, shops, offices, incubator space and support for start-up businesses, and a new public square with green space and trees.
- Site 1: The 0.29ha site includes a new station entrance and bicycle hub, public space, commercial space and housing.
- Site 2: The 0.62ha site includes a cultural, creative and commercial space, residential and improved open green space
- Site 3: The 0.22ha site includes residential and commercial space
Site & Location
The site comprises three Waltham Forest Council owned sites located along Lea Bridge Road at the junction between Orient Way and Argall Way.
News from the companies
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.