Lansdowne House is an office development on the south side of Berkeley Square in Mayfair, London W1.
Designed by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris architects, the building will be asset manager Blackstone's new headquarters in London.
The development will deliver 250,000 sq ft of Grade A offices and 14,000 sq ft of retail and restaurant space on the ground floor. Units in Lansdowne Row are purposely sized to attract smaller local retailers, serving the needs of residents and local workers. The development also includes redeveloped public areas surrounding the site at the south end of the square.
New amenities required by modern occupiers are introduced, including an outdoor rooftop terrace that incorporates greening and biodiversity, and balconies on every floor overlooking Berkeley Square. In the basement, there will be 480 cycle spaces with associated showers, lockers and changing facilities.
The development will make significant improvements to the surrounding public realm and reinstate the site’s historic connection to Berkeley Square.
The building aspires to BREEAM Outstanding, WELL Platinum, NABERS 5 Star Rating and EPC A sustainability ratings, and will incorporate recycled steel from the original building. It will also feature a biodiverse outdoor terrace and balconies on every floor. Once in operation, it will harness renewable energy through ground-source heat pumps and solar panels.
2022 July - Blackstone is said to have agreed to move its headquarters from 40 Berkeley Square to Lansdowne House in 2028 (via Bisnow.com).
2020 July - Planning application submitted for the demolition of the existing building and redevelopment of the site to provide a new building, comprising of basement, lower ground, ground and nine upper storeys for use as office (Class B1) accommodation, flexible retail (Class A1 and/or Class A3 and/or Class A4) and/or gym (Class D2) uses at part lower ground and ground floor level, public realm improvements, and associated works. Westminster Council ref. no. 20/04428/FULL.
2020 February - Public exhibition was held in February 2020 prior to submission for planning consent.
The site was originally part of the gardens of Berkeley House built on the north side of Piccadilly in the 1660s. The original Berkeley House was destroyed by fire in 1733 and was replaced by the existing Devonshire House.
The original Lansdowne House building was located to the west of the site, where the Lansdowne Club is and was built in 1768 by Robert Adam. It remained in the ownership of the Shelburne family until 1929.
In the 1930s, the original Lansdowne House was altered to create Fitzmaurice Place and enabled the construction of Morris House on its former gardens.
Morris House was redeveloped in the 1980s in a post-modern style and renamed Lansdowne House (completed in 1988). The current 9-storey building is surrounding a central atrium.
- The May Fair Hotel
- 1-2 Berkeley Square
Get exclusive Lansdowne House updates on your email
Site & Location
News from the companies
Nearby new developments
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.