Cloister Corner planned development by Barratt London in North Acton, London W3.
The new development designed by Allies and Morrison includes:
- Up to 300 new homes
- 35% affordable housing with an Ealing Borough policy-compliant tenure mix
- Homes for sale and homes for rent in the form of London affordable rent.
- Fire safety design with 2 means of access in main cores
- High-quality design and architecture
- Significant on site amenity space at grade and roof level including dedicated play spaces for the residents and community facility users
- Scale and massing responding to the wider context providing a sustainable development and density supported by the excellent connectivity and location of the site
- The proposal shields existing residents from noise and pollution from A40
- Green Corridor
- Removal of all parking other than Blue Badge spaces
- Meets all new sustainability standards
- New play space –available to the local community
- New jobs –estimated 500 during construction and 20 full-time jobs
- Circa £3million in S106 contributions and MCIL 2
The development benefits from the Crossrail Link at Acton Main Line station, which gives services to Bond Street in nine minutes, Liverpool Street in 16 minutes, Canary Wharf in 23 minutes and Heathrow terminals two and three in 17 minutes. It is also close to North Acton Underground which serves the Central line.
A brownfield site, which was previously a bus depot and had been vacant for over 20 years. Also known as the Gypsy Corner.
2018 January - Planning permission for 149 new homes. The development designed by S R David Architects featured 1, 2 and 3-bedroom apartments in four linked buildings ranging over three to nine storeys high. There will be lift access to all floors and basement parking.
2016 May - Clearview Homes have acquired the land at the junction of Horn Lane and Western Avenue. The site has planning consent for a mixed residential (72 flats) and 102 bedroom hotel development. Clearview Homes re-planned the site and plan to submit the new planning application in Summer 2016.
Get exclusive Cloister Corner updates on your email
Site & Location
0.792ha of land at the junction of Horn Lane and A40 Western Avenue in North Acton, W3. The boundary of the development below is approximate.
News from the companies
Nearby new developments
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.