St James's Church

W2
Public

Key Details

Address
Sussex Gardens, London W2 3UD
Completion
19th century
Venues
1
Website

Overview

St James's Church Sussex Gardens is a church in Paddington, London W2.

On 12 February 1841 a site between Sussex Gardens and Gloucester Terrace was granted by the Paddington Trustees for the building of a new church. The architects were John Goldicutt and George Gutch. The total cost of the building was £9,000 which was raised by public subscription. On 13 May 1843 the new church of St James the Less was consecrated by the Bishop, Bishop Charles Blomfield. Just under two years later, on 28 January 1845, St James's became the Parish Church of Paddington.

29. May 1884 Constance Mary Lloyd, the daughter of a well-know Irish barrister, and Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde got married in Saint James.

Source: stjamespaddington.org.uk

Site & Location

Team

Company
Type

Timeline

News, events, milestones and offers from the new development
Post a new milestone

Disclaimer

Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.