Description of New Roman House
New Roman House at 10 East Road is a part 8, part 14 and part 17 storey building and a part 11 and part 12 storey building providing student accommodation (661 rooms) Class C1 hotel (230 rooms), class B1 use (6916sq m GEA).
Disabled parking and access available.
The site is 0.37 hectares and is located to the north of the Old Street roundabout. It is bounded by East Road, Chart Street, Corsham Street and Brunswick Place.
The site is within the City Fringe Opportunity Area, as identified in the London Plan, as well as within the Central Activities Zone.
The site was previously occupied by (from north to south): a car park, Truscott House (built 1955), New Roman House (built 1974), an electricity sub-station and Brunswick House (built 1971).