Central Saint Giles
Central Saint Giles is a mixed-use building complex comprising office space, retail, restaurants, cafes, residential and outdoor public piazza.
Key features upon completion in 2011:
- Mixed use scheme of 500,000 sq ft
- 408,000 sq ft of office space
- Typical office floorplate 43,000 sq ft
- 6m high transparent ground floor
- Winter gardens on every floor
- Roof terraces totalling over 17,000 sq ft on floors
7 to 10
- 10 restaurants and retail units totalling 25,000 sq ft around a central landscaped piazza
- 109 apartments
Floor to ceiling glass connects the outdoors with the double-height work lobby. With its own café, this is an informal space to greet, meet or works with colleagues.
Floors 7 to10 have over 17,000 sq ft of roof terraces with 360º views of London. Connecting people to the outdoors, they are an uplifting experience for everyone who works here.
The 2.9 metre floor-to-ceiling height creates stunning workplace backdrops with views that reveal Central Saint Giles' pivotal location in London's West End.
- Excellent BREEAM rating
- 20% better energy performance than the current Part L regulations
- 80% of heat in the development is generated from renewable sources (biomass)
- 60% of rainwater falling on office roofs and the piazza will be collected and used
- 100% of cooling tower water discharged will be collected for re-use
- Green roofs and roof gardens attenuate rainfall and heat build-up, and have ecological benefit
90% of demolition materials are being recycled; targeting 15% of recycled materials used in construction.
Over 60% of the water falling on the office areas of Central Saint Giles is collected and re-used.
80% of heat in the development generated from renewable sources (biomass).
2020 October - Google is reportedly considering acquiring for in excess of £700m, reports Savills.
Site & Location
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.