Southwark Council has approved plans for additional 109 apartments at Bankside Yards. The application was approved on Monday 24th February 2020 for: Redevelopment to create two levels of basement and the erection of five buildings ranging from seven to 34 storeys plus plant (heights ranging from 28.9m AOD 123.9m AOD) to provide: 341 dwellings (Class C3); 8,054sqm (GIA) of office space (Class B1); 1,436sqm (GIA) of retail floorspace (Class A1-A4); 904sqm (GIA) of cultural floorspace (Class D1/D2); 16,254sqm (GIA) hotel with up to 126 rooms (Class C1); new open space; reconfigured vehicular and pedestrian access; highway works; landscaping; basement car park for 107 cars (including 29 disabled car parking spaces), plus servicing and plant areas; and works associated and ancillary to the proposed development. Southwark Council application no. 18/AP/1603.
26/02/2020 15:02 by Buildington
The developer has confirmed work has started on the 230,000 square feet office block, shops and 240 flats at Bankside Yards.
The consortium developing the site is led by Native Land and includes Singaporean state-backed fund Temasek and Malaysian developer Amcorp Properties.
Visit banksideyards.com to register your interest.
Read more from the Evening Standard Property developer commits to building £1bn project near Tate Modern 11.10.2019.
11/10/2019 15:37 by Buildington
The demolition of Ludgate House is now complete. The work has been undertaken by specialist contractor McGee.
McGee is now in process of preparing to commence with the demolition of Sampson House. Throughout Q4 2018 and Q1 2019, they are making preparations that include establishing hoarding and scaffolding and soft stripping the inside of the building. Full demolition is expected to commence from Q1 2019.
10/01/2019 17:32 by Buildington
The demolition of Sampson House has commenced. The works by McGee will be complete late 2019.
16/10/2018 16:36 by Buildington
Demolition contractor McGee is presently carrying out the demolition of Ludgate House on Blackfriars Road, marking the first stage of Native Land’s 1.4m sq ft Sampson and Ludgate redevelopment.
McGee has implemented several measures in order to increase recycling efforts on-site, minimise landfill waste, and conserve energy.
Less energy, diesel, and water was used when measured against projected targets, and the total carbon footprint of demolition to date is 3250 kg/CO2 lower than originally accounted for.
McGee worked closely in conjunction with waste specialist organisations like NISP and WRAP to ensure the best recycling and recovery measures for a wide range of waste streams.
Of total waste generated on site as of November 2017, 75.4% was recycled and 12.5% was recovered at licensed facilities. In total, 87.9% of waste at Ludgate House has been diverted from landfill.
Alasdair Nicholls, Chief Executive of Native Land, commented:
“Native Land is committed to following an environmentally-friendly approach throughout all stages of the development cycle and we are pleased to be working with McGee to progress the demolition of Ludgate House in the most sustainable way possible.”
Marc Byrne, Head of Social Responsibility at McGee, added:
“Environmental best practice and sustainability are central to our site management and we are pleased to work in conjunction with Native Land to deliver industry leading environmental performance at Ludgate House.”
Demolition works at Ludgate House are due to complete in March 2018.
28/11/2017 09:41 by Buildington